Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Bay of Naples


We usually travel independently but could not resist this package tour from Exeter - flight, transfers, hotel, meals and excursions all included. Although we were the youngest by at least a decade, it was a lovely group and we enjoyed having other people to share our experiences with. But don't the olds complain ! Mostly about the fact it was a package holiday!

The Carlton in Sorrento is a 4*hotel, but in Italy the stars don't shine. The decor was 1970s, the plumbing was 1920s and they didn't take credit cards! But one of their more charming features was this lift so I present it as picture number one
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Dot said...

I'm Italian (Rome) and I haven't understood: did you like Italy or not? But I agree with you saying that so many things don't work here...The picture is absolutely brilliant!!!!!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Juliet said...

I think Italy is wonderful! PS I went to Rome in January 2007 with my daughter and if you are interested my pictures are on the blog between Christmas and Amsterdam!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home