Friday, January 12, 2007

Well what happened was this ... Cavyll and I had been wandering around Rome with the streetlights casting an attractive glow, when we chanced upon a market stall selling these lovely soft leather boots IN MY SIZE for 5 euro !! I was so pleased with my bargain but my happiness was somewhat diminished when we got back to the hotel and I saw, in the light, that my gorgeous new boots were covered in a white bloom. No matter, it meant I could wear them straight away without worrying that the rain would ruin them. We ate at a lovely local restaurant and after only two glasses of wine I thought my boots looked a little odd and realised the top half was coming away from the bottom. This made Cavyll laugh so much that we were forced to leave the restaurant only on our exit the insole of the right boot shot across the floor making it gape like a crocodile mouth. Rain was getting into the left boot but it was of no consequence compared to the fact the right boot was perishing more with every step. I ended up walking into the hotel with a perfectly respectable top half of a boot and only a contrasting blue sock between my foot and the floor. They didn't bat an eyelid. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home